SIX FARDH IN SALAAT
- TAKBEER- E -TAHRIMA.
- QIYAAMAH (standing) position.
- QIRAAT (recitation of at least three Ayats or one long
Ayat of the
- RUKU (to bow down).
- Both the SAJDAH (to prostrate).
- Q'ADAH AKHEERAH (to sit so long at the end of the last Rak'ah that one
can read the TASHAHHUD).
14 WAAJIBAAT IN SALAAT
- Fixing the first two Rak'aat of the Fardh Salaat for
- Reading Sura-e-Fatiha in all the Rak'aat of every Salaat except in the
third and fourth Rak'aat of Farz Salaat.
- To recite a Sura or a lengthy Ayat or three small Ayats along with
E-FATIHA in the first two Rak'aat of FARZ Salaat and in all the Rak'aat of
WAAJIB, SUNNAT and NAFIL salaat.
- To read SURA-E-FATTHA before any other Sura or Ayat.
- To maintain order between QIRAAT, RUKU, SAJDAH and
- QAUMAH (standing up erect after Ruku).
- JALSAH (sitting between the two SAJDAHS).
- T'ADEEL-E-ARKAAN, i.e. performing RUKU, QUAMA, SAJDAH, JALSAH with
tranquility (in calm and good way).
- Q'ADA-E-OOLAA or sitting to the extent of saying TASHAHHUD after two
Rak'aat in Salaat of three or four Rakaat.
- To read TASHAHHUD in the two Q'ADAAHS.
- To recite QIRAAT aloud in Fajr, Maghrib, Ishaa, Jumuah, Eid and Taraweeh
Salaat in Ramadaan by the Imaam. The Imaam should recite Zuhr and Asr Salaat
- To end the Salaat by saying SALAAM.
- To say TAKBEER (Allaahu-Akbar) for QUNOOT in Witr Salaat and also recite
- To say additional TAKBEERS in both Eid Salaats
21 SUNNATS IN SALAAT
5 MUSTAHABBS IN SALAAT
- To raise the arms upto the ears before saying the
- While raising hands for TAKBEER-E-TAHREEMA, keep both fingers of the both
hands raised and faced towards the QIBLA.
- Not to BEND the HEAD when saying the Takbeer.
- Saying Takbeer-e-Tahreema and other Takbeers ALOUD by the IMAAM according
to the NEED, while going from one RUKN (position) to the other.
- To fold the right hand around the left below the navel for men.
- Saying SA'ANA
- To recite TA'AWWUZ.
- To recite the complete BISMILLAH.
- To recite only SURA-E-FATIHA in the THIRD and FOURTH Rak'ah of FARZ
- To say Aameen.
- To recite Sa'ana, Ta'awuz and Aameen SOFTLY is SUNNAT for every Salaat.
- To say TASBIH at least THREE times each in RUKU and
- To keep the BACK and HEAD in the SAME LEVEL while holding KNEES with the
fingers of both hands in RUKU.
- Saying by the Imaam SAMI'ALLAAH HULIMAN HAMIDAH when raising from
followed by ALLAAHUMMA RABBANAA WA LAKAL HAMDU by both the Imaam and
Muqtadi. The Munfarid should say Tasmee'i and Tahmeed both.
- While going into SAJDAH, FIRST place KNEES, then HANDS, then NOSE, then
the FOREHEAD on the GROUND.
- In Q'ADAH or JALSAAH, place the LEFT FOOT on the HORIZONTALLY and
- To recite as much QIRAAT as upon it and PUTTING the RIGHT FOOT
VERTICALLY so that the TOES are towards QIBLA and putting both HANDS on
- To MAKE a CIRCLE with the THUMB and MIDDLE FINGER of the right hand and
raise the right hand's INDEX FINGER as one say Ash-HADU-ANL-LAA-LAA-HA" in
Tashah'hud (AtTahiyyat) and LOWERING it on ILLALLAAH.
- To recite DUROOD SHARIF in Q'ADA AKHEERA after
- To read DU'AA after DUROOD SHARIF
- To turn the FACE for SALAAM towards the RIGHT FIRST and then to the
- To pull the palms out of the sleeves while saying TAKBEER-E-TAHREEMA.
- Saying Tasbih more than three times in Ruku and in SAJDAH by
- To keep the EYES towards the place of SAJDAH in QIYAAM, at the TOES in
RUKU, towards the lap in QA'IDAH and JALSA, and at the SHOULDERS while
turning for SALAAM.
- To try best not to COUGH To try and keep the MOUTH CLOSED when YAWNING,
but if it is OPENED to COVER it by the UPPER portion of the RIGHT HAND in
QIYAAM and by the LEFT HAND in all other postures.